Has Arcing (or Bracketing) helped you dig deeper into God’s Word?
Do you desire to equip others at your church with this tool?
The following seminar is meant to help you with principles, ideas, and advice for teaching Arcing or Bracketing at your church.
PART I: Creating interest at your church (17:37)
PART II: Class formats and resources (53:01)
PART III: Using Biblearc class functionality (2:51)
Question and Answer (13:53)
PART IV: Teaching devotionally (34:00)
Resources for teaching Arcing or Bracketing
- What is arcing and why is it important?
A video with John Piper. To use in creating interest at your church.
- Example passages for use in an introductory class: Ephesians 5:22-24, 5:25-33, 6:1-4, 6:5-8, 6:9; James 1; 1 Peter 1:22-25, 2:1-3, 2:11-12; 1 John 1:5-10, 2:15-17, 4:7-12.
- Biblical Exegesis: Discovering the Meaning of Scriptural Texts by John Piper (also available in Spanish)
- Tracing the Argument – chapter 6 of Thomas Schreiner’s book Interpreting the Pauline Epistles
- Arcing the Word of God slides (Powerpoint, Keynote or PDF).
- Arcing 101 module
- Arcing Reference module
- Arcing Examples module
- Arcing/bracketing logical relationship example sentences (family dinners)
- Example syllabus from the online course
- Example syllabus provided by David Christensen